Thai Chicken Basil (Gai Pad Krapow) - Asian Food - Pad Krapow Gai was said this is one of the most classic food street in Thailand. Cook fast and practical, tasty, spicy and savory result. The original version of Gai Pad Krapow usually made with minced chicken meat. As for choosing basil leaves, following the first reading. Leaf basil used in Thailand, there are three kinds: sweet basil (horapha), holy basil (kaphrao), and lemon basil (maenglak). The taste is different and each is used for this type of cuisine.
Thai Basil Chicken (Gai Pad Krapow)
(for 2 people)
- 2 chicken fillets (approx. 300 gr) cut or milled
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sweet soy sauce
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 6 garlic granules
- red pepper/Cayenne to taste the spiciness
- 1 bunch thai basil, leaves only the quotation
How to make Thai Chicken Basil (Gai Pad Krapow):
1. Puree/mash the garlic and chilies
2. Sauté garlic and Chili with oil until aromatic, then add the chicken. Saute until half cooked, then put the mixture sauce (soy sauce, sweet soy sauce, sugar, oyster sauce, and fish sauce)
3. Continue to stir-fry until chicken cooked (not too long later their chickens dry and tough)
4. after nearly ripe insert basil leaves. Stir 1-2 minutes until wilted.
5. Already gone wrong! Serve with white rice.