Tabouleh Salad Recipe - Asian Food - In addition made of flesh-meat, Turkey also many specialities containing vegetables, such as tabouleh for example. Tabouleh is the origin of Turkey dishes containing many kinds of vegetable. Obviously, this one is both salubrious cuisine when eaten regularly. Tabouleh blending various kinds of vegetables are finely chopped and then mixed in a container and next by administering herbs.
Tabouleh [origin of the word "tabulah"] is also often called a salad with Turkey. A vegetable that is commonly served in a single serving of tabouleh among other tomatoes, bulgur, parsley, and mint leaves. For the seasoning used can either be the onion and garlic in dressing with olive oil, lemon juice, and salt. As information, the tabouleh dishes originally became the origin of Syria and Lebanon which was later modified by the people of Turkey. That means, the tabouleh can also be found in other Middle Eastern countries.
Tabouleh Salad Ingredients:
- ¾ Cup burghul or cracked wheat *
- ¾ Cup hot water
- 2 bunch (about 3 cups) flat-leaf parsley
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into small
- 3 tablespoons chopped mint leaves
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil.
How To Make Tabouleh Salad:
- Soak burghul in hot water for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed by the whole.
- Discard parsley sprig, wash, and dry it completely. Rough cut with a sharp knife or the processor, do not overcook or parsley became too smooth.
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well. Chill salad in refrigerator until needed.
- If you already feel enough, grab the tabouleh salad from the refrigerator and serve.
*) Bulgur or Cracked Wheat: wheat kernels that have been baked. Often used in the Middle Eastern and Mediterranean dishes.