Songpyeon (송편) recipes typical of Korea - Asian Food - Songpyeon has meaning, evergreen leaves and flavorful cake is a special food for the feast of Chuseok on date. August 15, according to the lunar calendar. Since time immemorial, people of Korea especially farmers trust and pray to the Moon of that month. Then, they make a cake-shaped half moon from the newly harvested rice at the time. The book ' Donggukseasigi ' containing the customs of Korea society on 18th century noted that Korea society happy make Songpyeon in autumn and the cake was dedicated to offerings.
How to make Songpyeon (송편)
- 5 cups rice flour
- Ssook powder 40 g 40 g
- 1 2/3 glass of water
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 100 g sesame seeds
- 40 g granulated sugar
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 200 g of Cypress leaves
How to cook Songpyeon (송편) typical of Korea:
- Soak the rice in water 8 hours selalma, filter, 1/2 tbsp minced with salt.
- Create 2 types of dough of rice flour and powder Ssook. Use boiling water to make the dough. Combine 2 cups rice flour and 2/3 cups boiling water, then stirred selalm 3 ~ 4 minutes.
- Combine 2 cups rice flour, 40 g powder Ssook, and 1 cup water to a boil and stirred.
- Make the contents of Songpyeon: toast the sesame seeds over low heat, use a blender, combine the puree with sugar and salt.
- Take as much as 25 g of dough, create a spherical shape and pipihkan.
- Make holes in the dough, stir in contents, rapatkan side.
- Handheld dough by hand 2 ~ 3 times so the air out.
- Place the above Evergreen leaf pedestal Songpyeon in pan pengukus who've heated.
- Steamed for 15 ~ 17 minutes.
- Rinse Songpyeon are already mature in the water plus sesame oil.
- Place the Songpyeon on the plate.