Qatayef Recipe - Asian Food - Qatayef is a typical dessert of the Mediterranean or the Middle East are usually presented when the month of Ramadan. Its shape is similar to a bean stuffing with pastel savory with the addition of cinnamon and raisin bread flavor makes this legit qatayef and fragrant aroma once can shake up your tongue deh. How to make it quite easy to kok, so that you can make yourself at home with a guide Qatayef bread recipe below.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup flour whole wheat
- 2 cup fresh milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp yeast
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp sugar
Ashta (cream custards):
- 2 cup milk whole milk liquid
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup corn starch, dissolve it with a 1/2 cup of water
- 7 fresh Skinless fruit bread
- 1 tablespoon rose water (rose water)
- 1 tablespoon orange blossom water
- Chopped pistachio nuts to taste
- Simple syrup or honey to taste
How To Make Qatayef:
To make Pancakes:
- Pancake mix all ingredients, mix well. If it's too thick can be added to water or milk a bit. Let the dough for about 20 minutes.
- Then heat the pan on low heat sticky anti/being. No need to use oil or margarine.
- Take one spoon of vegetable pancake batter, pour it into the wok. Let cooked on one side. Shown with the upper side ripening by the hot dough bubbles. Lift. Cook the remaining batter until it runs out. Allow to cool briefly.
To make the Custard:
- Prepare a pot on the stove over low heat. Enter milk whole milk, low fat milk, heavy cream, sugar, mix well.
- Add the corn starch already dissolved with water. Mix well.
- Pipil bread so small and add little by little into a pot. Stir once in a while. After all the finished bread is added stir until all bread it dissolves into the milk and well blended.
- Stirring constantly until mixture becomes really creamy. Add the rose water and orange blossom water. Mix well. Transfer the custard to a bowl of cream. Allow to cool, stirring once in a while every 10-15 minutes. After one hour, cover with plastic wrap, and place in the refrigerator.
- Dough custard can also be made the day before for easier cooking.
Last step for Serving:
- Take a pancake, fold and pinch parts of its suburbs and a half portion to form a pouch of pastel. Fill with custard cream. Patty sprinkle pistachio nuts on top of the custard. Serve with a spray of simple syrup or honey.
- The bread is a tasty and delicious Qatayef ready served.