Lokum Turkish Delight Recipe - Asian Food - The Turkish Cuisine recipes sweet Delight. This menu is one of the typical Turkish sweets made from starch and sugar gel. Sweets are served is usually just a small pieces form a cube or a round, a variety of color and sprinkled with powdered sugar to prevent sticking. These foods are not only popular in the regions of Turkey alone but also terknela in other countries such as North America, brazil, United Kingdom and the Commonwealth countries. Well, for those of you who are interested in wanting to make yourself at home.
Materials required Lokum Turkish Delight:
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 4.5 cups water, divided use
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1.25 cups corn flour
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1.5 tbsp rose water
- 2-3 drops red food coloring
- 1 cup powdered sugar
How to make a Lokum Turkish Delight:
- Prepare a baking dish 9 × 9 with a layer of aluminum foil and spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside for now.
- Place the sugar, lemon juice, and 1.5 cups of water in a medium saucepan over medium heat. stir until sugar is dissolved and bring the mixture mendidihk, brush the sides of the pan with a brush is dropping the cake wet to prevent the formation of sugar crystals, and insert a candy thermometer
- Let the sugar mixture to a boil, without stirring continuously, until it reaches 240 on a candy thermometer.
- When sugar syrup around 225 degrees, began to get the rest of the ingredients of the candy disiakan. Then place the remaining 3 cups of water in other places, slightly larger, saucepan. Add the cornstarch and cream of tartar until dissolved starch and fast and there are no lumps. Then place the saucepan over medium heat and bring the mixture to a boil, stir continuously until the mixture will become thick and pale.
- After the sugar syrup at 240 degrees, remove from heat. Slowly, carefully, and then pour into the cornmeal mixture, stirring until completely incorporated
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring every 8-10 minutes, for about one hour, until the candy has turned yellow-gold color and is very thick and sticky.
- After an hour, angkatdan stir in food coloring and rose water. Pour the candy into the prepared pan and memungkunkan to set, uncovered, overnight.
- Keesokanharinya, remove candy from pan using foil as handles. Debustasiun you work with powdered sugar, and flip the candy into powdered sugar. Remove foil daribelakang and dust top with sugar. Use a knife chef oiled to memotongTurkish delight in the small box. Dust each side of the square with powdered sugar to prevent sticking.
- Turkish Delight the best soon after created. It does not store well, but if you want to try to maintain, store in an airtight container with paper lining, lilinantara and dust sides with powdered sugar again before serving.