Kunafa Recipe Arabic - Asian Food - Kunafa is one of the finest dessert traditions in Ramadan. Allegedly, kunafa already existed since hundreds of years ago. This meal is considered a delicacy of a century old, so often served to break in Egypt. Actually the kunafa originated from Palestine and named Nablus. the food is made from pastry phillo or kaitafi. The pastry is made from wheat flour and butter.
Pastry dough is cut into thin and smothered with sugar syrup. Kunafa usually filled with raisins, shredded coconut, nuts and cream. In a wide variety of cuisine is legit, the cream was replaced with mozzarella cheese or cream cheese and sometimes also added cinnamon.
- 454 gr kunafa pastry dough (available at Middle Eastern grocery store)
- 227 gr butter, melt
- 340 gr cup granulated sugar
- 235 ml water
- ½ lemon, grab some water,
- ½ TSP syrup of roses or ½ TSP vanilla extract
- 30 Gr. almonds
- 75 gr of raisins or golden raisin white wine
- 250 fruit walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 ½ tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 453 gr of ricotta cheese soft
- Butter, for smearing the baking sheet cake
How to make Kunafa:
- Use medium heat, put a thick bottom pan, add water, 340 gr sugar and lemon juice. Mix well. Bring to a boil. Allow it to become a syrup. Turn off the heat, allow to cool and add the syrup of roses or
- Preheat the oven until it reaches a temperature of 180 ° c. Lumurkanbutter on baking sheet cake with a diameter of 30 cm and height 5 cm.
- In a large bowl, describe the kataifi gently. Combine with ½ pound butter are melted. Put a decorative arrangement of almonddengan on the baking sheet cake. Pour half cover the pan until the kataifi. Press gently to compact the.
- If you use kejuricotta, sprinkle evenly over the entire layer of kataifi, then pour the entire remaining kataifi. Compress with soft pressing.
- If using raisins and walnuts, sprinkle over the kataifi layer. Then sprinkle the cinnamon powder and sugar. Cover with the rest of the remaining kataifi. Press gently.
- Bake until golden, for 30-45 minutes.
- Immediately siramkan a padakunafa sugar syrup is still hot. Let it cool. Serve.
- If using ricotta cheese, kunafa should be served as hot or warm. To make it easier, cut to suit your taste
- Kunafa specials are tasty and delicious prepared dishes are served.