Chicken Inasal Recipe Typical Filiphina - Asian Food - This Filiphina specialties are grilled chicken, but this is not just a Bacolod's grilled chicken. The meat is marinated in a blend of Lemongrass, calamansi (a typical Philippine citrus), salt, pepper, and garlic, then smeared with achuete (annatto seed). Every part of the chicken consists of baked in (thigh), El viso (breast), baticulon (throat), or what (heart), Pakpak (the wings), and corazon (the heart). Then dish it is served with garlic rice, once the meat is first dipped into the Orange oil.
Ingredients Chicken Inasal typical Filiphina:
- 1 chicken cut into 4 parts
- 2 tbsp ginger, chopped
- 3 tbsp garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup chopped Lemongrass,
- 1 cup coconut vinegar
- 1/2 cup lemon or calamansi juice
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup lemon soda (soft drink)
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
Brush The Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons annatto oil (atsuete oil)
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon or calamansi juice
How to make Chicken Inasal:
1. In a large bowl, combine chicken, Lemongrass, salt, black pepper, ginger, garlic, brown sugar, vinegar, lemon-lime soda, and lemon juice.
2. Stir or whisk the mixture to each ingredients well put. Marinade for 1 to 3 hours.
3. In a bowl, combine margarine, annatto oil, salt, and lime juice then stir. Set aside.
4. Grill the chicken while you brush the mixture of margarine.
5. Put the grilled chicken to a serving dish.
6. serve while warm