Cá Kho Tộ (Vietnamese Caramelized Fish) - Asian Food - Cá Kho Tộ is one of my favorite Viet Nam foods many people. These foods have a characteristic i.e. fish that is cooked with sweet savory sauce, served in a clay Bowl.
In Viet Nam, Cá Kho Tộ always made with chunks of catfish, a large catfish. But because of the possible difficulty, I try with mckerel (a type of tengiri) and the results were brilliant. Other types of fish can be used, which is not easily mushy/destroyed. So that the fish can terselimuti sauce but not crushed, cut into pieces of fish the size of a medium. I also dont use clay Bowl, because my stove model that could not be used for induction cooking with containers instead of iron.
Cá Kho Tộ
- 500 gr of fish (fillets, whole fish or cut into pieces)
- 1 chopped white grain
- 2 grains of red onion, finely sliced
- 1 cm ginger, finely sliced
- Red pepper/Cayenne/paprika (to taste spicy)
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- pepper powder
- 50 mL coconut water
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tbsp sweet soy sauce
Cá Kho Tộ making way:
1. heat a wok is grounded in thick, pour cooking oil and sugar. Make sure the sugar is awash in oil. Use moderate heat, Cook until the sugar starts to Brown.
2. Once the sugar starts to Brown's already old, add the garlic, onion, and ginger. Saute until aromatic.
3. Add the fish pieces in the skillet, turning once so well mixed. Caution do not get crushed.
4. Add pieces of chili/paprika
5. Tuangi sauce and cook until sauce thickens 20-30 minutes
6. serve Immediately with a garnish of cilantro rice and warm