A Typical Saudi Arabia Kabsah Recipes - Asian Food - Recipes culinary of Kabsah – is the most popular in Saudi Arabia and Jordan also called the national dish of the Kingdom. This is one of the traditional dishes and delicious culinary super favorite of locals in Saudi as well as foreigners who are visiting.
Essentially the dish consists of rice cooked basmati type long with chicken or mutton and sometimes beef and shrimp with spice mixture gives a spicy Chili aroma hinagga and the amazing texture of almond, Sultana and pine nuts.
Culinary Kabsah menu similar to biryani made in countries of Indo-Pakistan but with a bit of spice.
Spice is the main essence of recipes that give you a taste different for Kabsah which includes:
- Freshly ground black pepper 1 tablespoon
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ½ tablespoon coriander
- Tablespoon cardamom
- ½ tablespoon turmeric
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- Black lemon
- Bay leaf
Kabsah – recipe ingredients
- Red Onion 2 cups
- ½ tablespoon garlic
- ½ tablespoon grated ginger
- Butter or olive oil 1/3 cup
- Green or red chili
- choice of meat (chicken 15 pieces
- Spices (mentioned above or on the Arab named boharat)
- Salt according to taste
- 1.5 cups of rice, soaked in water for 45 minutes
- For the toppings: Almonds, halved and Raisin
How To Cook Kabsah
- First cut the tomatoes, onion and garlic. Finely cut small
- Heat the oil or butter in a pan and add the onion, garlic, and green chilies.
- Keep your heat and stir-stir until golden brown. Extraordinary aroma will appear.
- Now add the tomatoes and stir until soft over medium heat for 3 minutes, then add the meat are selected, whether the chicken or lamb in a saucepan.
- Add all the spices until evenly mixed.
- Add a bit of water so that the meat is submerged and cover the pot until the meat is tender and completely cooked.
- Turn off the heat.
- Stir in the rice to dalampanci which contains the meat mixture along with 1 cup of water only at this stage.
- Make sure the water is only half an inch above the rice. Cover with lid
- After 20 minutes, make sure that the rice is cooked well and tender and all the water is absorbed.
- Serve in a large plate or tray. Serve the rice with chunks of meat on it.
- FRY briefly almond and raisin with ½ spoon of olive oil and sprinkle over the dish.