Modanyaki recipe, a combination of Okonomiyaki and Yakisoba are delicious - Modanyaki or Modern Yaki is a type of okonomiyaki with yakisoba noodles so that additional eat it became quickly full. In areas of the Kanto specialty sellers usually sell this menu, but this time the modanyaki has been popular and spread throughout the region, and can be found in each okonomiyaki restaurant in Japan.
Want to try making it yourself at home? The following materials need to be prepared and how to make it.
- full 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup dashi or stock fish
- 1 egg
- 3-4 tbsp nagaimo yams, grated on
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 TSP Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cabbage, finely chopped
- 3-4 chives finely chopped
- Red 2-3 TSP ginger finely chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 6 pieces thinly sliced meats
- Okonomiyaki sauce or tonkatsu sauce
- Flakes of dried bonito fish
- Aonori seaweed or dried Green
- 1 packet of chuka men (Chinese noodles)
- 1 tbsp water
- salt and pepper
- tonkatsu sauce 1 tablespoon
- 1 tsp worcester sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp mirin
HOW TO MAKE A Modanyaki
- Stir in the flour and the dashi into the bowl together and stir until creamy.
- Then, combine with eggs and sweet potato and stir again.
- Then season with salt and soy sauce.
- Add the cabbage, scallions, and ginger to the batter and then stir and let sit for a bit.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over low heat, and add the noodles chuka men, then flush with less water and cover briefly.
- After noodles softened texture, stir fry. and add salt, pepper and yakisoba sauce.
- If it is reasonably mature, lift and set aside.
- Preheat the oil back into the Pan, pour a quarter of the dough into the Pan, then put the yakisoba noodles on top of the dough.
- Enclose the yakisoba noodles with a quarter of the dough and flatten the top.
- Place the 3 pieces of meat on it, then cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until bottom is brown.
- Behind the batter to fry the other side until the flesh becomes crisp.
- Flip back to the position of dagiing above, and then brush with sauce and mayonnaise okonomiyaki.
- Lastly, sprinkle with dried seaweed coupled with flakes of dried bonito fish, and any modanyaki ready served in hot state.