Japan Kakiage Recipe - Kakiage (かき揚げ) is a type of tempura made from finely cut vegetables and made with a tempura batter is crisp and eaten with sprinkles of salt rich in umami as a complement. Anyone ever try Kakiage? For the uninitiated, here's how to make a recipe will be introduced Kakiage of simple ingredients into a dish. If the place you guys Kakiage is similar to food what? Vegetable fritter?
- 160 grams of onion (1 small onion, slices)
- 90 grams Carrots (1 small carrot, cut into short and thin sheets)
- 70 grams of Burdock/Gobo (burdock 1/3 cut into short and thin sheets)
- 10 grams/1 small bunch Mitsuba (trefoil leaf/japanese wild parsley, celery leaves resemblance usually each stalk is composed of 3 strands of leaves)
- 80 gram flour (about 2/3 cup)
- 1/2 soda Cup (cold)
How to manufacture:
- Prepare the onions, carrot, burdock and mitsuba and put into a large bowl, mix with onion. Make sure the vegetables very dry (use tissue paper to dry).
- Prepare the wire strainer lined with a few sheets of tissue paper. Heat the pan with vegetable oil and heat 1-inch-high 180 degrees Celsius.
- Stir the vegetables together with the flour until the flour evenly.
- Add soda to cold vegetables and then stir to mixing. If there is a small lump of some flour that's not a problem, but there is no water in the bottom of the rest. Caution do not knead the dough too much.
- The easiest way to shape the dough and make sure it doesn't fall apart when frying is to shape it in a spatula, and then lower the spatula into the oil, use a spatula to scrape the Pan first.
- Kakiage fritters until no longer flaccid and then flip and fry the other side (approximately 1-2 minutes).
- Fry the second side until crisp (1 to 1 1/2 minutes).
- When Kakiage already crunchy (but not yet lightly browned), remove from oil, drain the oil as much as possible above the Pan before transferring it to the wire strainer.
- Serve on a sheet of paper with Kakiage sprinkled salt.