Japan Food Recipes Agedashi Tofu - Agedashi tofu is a popular appetizer menu at Izakaya restaurants and also in Japan. This appetizer has a crispy texture on the outside but soft inside. Soaked in tsuyu sauce that is tasty, as well as leek and flakes of dried bonito fish make a combination of superb taste and served hot at the moment.
Hard to believe that a good meal like this turned out to be very easy to do yourself at home. The following are the ingredients and instructions on how to make it.
- 1/4 tofu
- 1.5 tablespoons ten tsuyu (dipping sauce tempura)
- 3 tbsp water
- Potato starch
- Dried bonito fish
HOW TO MAKE AAgedashi Tofu
- Mix ten tsuyu, and water to make broth.
- Then simmer for approx 1.5 minutes.
- Drain tofu, and it diced.
- Coat thoroughly with potato starch.
- Fried tofu that have been diced until it becomes lightly browned and crisp.
- Once cooked put tofu on top of the plate.
- Last add broth, dried bonito fish, and green onion in it.
When you first try we recommend using tofu or tofu which has tougher texture. Good luck!