Hamaguri-Zushi, Sushi Shellfish Specialities The Feast Of Hina Matsuri - While the celebration of Hina Matsuri in Japan which fell on March 3, each year, there is one of the typical dishes are presented, namely hamaguri-zushi sushi or oysters. Sushi is made with wrapped it up to using clam-shaped usuyaki, tamago omelette cut into like a thin sheet. In addition to the presented to the celebration of Hina Matsuri, hamaguri-zushi also can be used as a side dish for a bento lunchbox or lunch. The following are recipes and ways of making it quoted from justhungry.com.
- 4 cups cooked white rice cooked with dashi soup stock
- 1/4 cup vinegar or raspberry vinegar plum
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 60 g/2 oz smoked salmon, finely chopped, or 2 to 3 tablespoons of furikake salmon
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp toasted white sesame seeds
- 2 tsp chopped parsley leaves or mitsuba
- Usuyaki tamago made using 6 eggs
- Salmon roe (aka salmon eggs) or ikura (salmon eggs are marinated in a mixture of soy sauce)
- A small skillet anti sticky
- Rice cooker
- Heat-resistant brush for brushing the oil into a skillet, or clumps of paper towels
- A spatula to turn the omelet
- Spoon the rice or spatula to stir the rice
HOW TO MANUFACTURE
- Create usuyaki tamago. Dissolve cornstarch in water. Beat the eggs slowly with a fork or chopsticks (not too tight or a solution of their eggs will become too bloated) with sugar, salt and cornstarch/water.
- Heat a small skillet over medium-low. Gently brush with oil. Enter the vicinity of the 1/8 cup or 3 tablespoons egg mixture in saucepan, stir carefully so that it coats the bottom of the pan.
- Cook just until the top is nearly cooked, then carefully take the omelet with spatula and flip. Cook for about 10 seconds until almost cooked, then remove from pan. Omeletnya should be yellow, and not browned.
- Repeat with remaining eggs are there to generate about 12 – 14 omelet.
- Omelets can be made a day in advance and kept covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator.
- Cook the rice and place it into the bowl and mix gently with a spatula. Sushi vinegar in this case vinegar made with red, either from plums or raspberries (do not worry, this will not make sense to be a strange old man). Combine the vinegar, sugar and salt in a saucepan and heat until sugar and salt dissolve. Pour over the rice, and stir or mix until everything is pale pink. Leave it to cool down.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle the chopped smoked salmon with lemon juice, and let sit for at least 10 to 15 minutes.
- Put the sesame seeds, salmon, and Mitsuba or parsley into the rice, try not to make the rice is dispersed.
- For the rice into some parts of the number of omelet. Enter your rice on a quarter section of one of the omelet.
- Fold the omelette into half and then fold it again to be seperempatnya.
- Invert so that part is on top of rice. Press side a little so that the inside can be seen.
- Garnish with a few salmon eggs. This is optional but make it really beautiful. You guys can also be menaburinya with a bit of a mitsuba or parsley instead if you don't have eggs salmon.
- You do not need to mencelupnya in soy sauce for this dish, because the sushi itself was already seasoned quite well. Hamaguri-zushi are ready served.