Bika Ambon Recipes - Even though it bore the name of Ambon, cake this one do not come from one of the provinces in the eastern part of Indonesia, but rather from the North Sumatra capital of Medan IE. Allegedly, on mualanya one of the first shops peddling cake is located at Jalan Medan city, Ambon. From where the name derives is yellow cake. To this end, bika ambon has become the typical gift from the city of Medan.
For cereal Lebaran, this cake is quite fitting you serve as the interface for all guests. Although it takes a bit of patience to get it because you need to silence the dough for one night (12 hours), it was the patience you will be terbayarkan by kelegitan this cake. In addition to the process of silence the dough long enough, you need to pay attention to in the making of a recipe bika ambon is at present a roasting spit. The beginning of the process of roasting, open the lid of the oven until the surface of the dough bika expands and hollow-cavity. After that, close oven door and use the api over the course.
Bika Ambon Recipes
- 175 gr granulated sugar
- 100 gr sago flour
- 200 ml thick coconut milk
- 1 sheet of pandan leaves, boil with 100 ml of water, let it cool
- 2 lembat lime leaves
- 10 egg yolks
- 2 egg whites
- Cooking oil for brand
- ½ TSP instant yeast
- 50 g flour
- 50 ml water
How to make Bika Ambon
- Mix instant yeast, flour and water so one, mix well. Let stand 15 minutes until fluffy.
- Beat the egg white and sugar until thickened. Stir in coconut milk and sago flour alternately while in stir well.
- Add the following batter, stirring until well blended. Cover the dough with a towel and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the mold bika ambon, which has been smeared oil. Stir the batter, pour the batter into the mold that has been heated in advance up to the sound of the sizzle. Bake oven with the lid slightly open. Lift.
- Bake again using fire up to yellow brown. Lift, let it cool slightly.
- Remove from mold, serve.
Without additional preservatives, bika ambon is able to last up to 3 days in room temperature. After that, usually the surface of the cake starts to dry up and are no longer eaten. Therefore, we recommend that you create the bika ambon a day before the feast so that bika ambon cake still fresh when served. Good luck with the recipes from our bika ambon, good luck!