Balinese Sambal Matah Recipes - Exotic beaches and various ceremonies that have high aesthetic values make local tourists and foreign tourists cannot get enough of spending a holiday in Bali. In addition, its cuisine is also become an attraction because of its unique flavour and delicious. One of the famous Balinese cuisine is Sambal Matah. The unique of this was served and Sambal Matah, Sambal Matah served not overcooked and not crushed, like the delicious salad and spicy. Certainly for you spicy lovers love Sambal Matah, you can make it at home quite easily.
- 15 cloves shallots, finely sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 10 Red cayenne pepper, finely sliced
- 3 stalks Lemongrass, white part, finely sliced
- 5 Kaffir lime leaves, discard bones leaves, finely sliced
- 2 fruit lemon, water is taken
- Cooking oil
- Seasoning (gerus/ulek smooth):
- ½ teaspoon shrimp paste, burned
How To Manufacture:
- Mix all the ingredients that were already sliced. Give a smooth paste, stir well.
- Heat the cooking oil, turn off the heat.
- Mix the hot cooking oil into ingredients, slice, add salt and lemon juice.
- Serve along side a fondness and white rice.
- Add your etlingera elatior
- The main ingredient (onion etc and oil) mixed use hand and squeezed a little finger
- Use this Sambal Matah so extra seasonings for grilled fish
- Perhaps at first glance is similar to Sambal Dabu-dabu of Manado, but between the two still have differences. Sambal Dabu-dabu don't use Lemongrass and uses tomatoes that are cut into pieces, while the Sambal Matah of Bali using Lemongrass and don't use tomatoes. In addition more soups, because after flushing use the hot cooking oil, Sambal Matah plus warm water, while the Sambal Dabu-dabu does. Good luck and enjoy the typical Balinese Sambal Matah with steaming white rice and a side dish that is delicious!