Balinese Betutu Chicken Recipe - Who has not ever mende ngar about Betutu Chicken? The menu on this one not to be missed in the the list of culinary tour you guys in Bali. It has already become an icon of Balinese meal.
If the likes of spicy cuisine, prepare to fall in love with the berlimpahkan Betutu spices spicy with textures that make hooked. Uniquely, the seasonings are incorporated into the da lam stomach free-range chicken.
Then his flesh wrapped de ngan banana leaf and baked using coals of fire chaff which take up to 24 hours, in order to produce a savory flavor, glue but authentic and spicy. Betutu is not always synonymous with da ging chicken, there is also the lho meng use duck.
- 1 chickens
- 4 pieces of bay leaf
- banana leaves to wrap chicken
- 100 g cassava leaves
Betutu Chicken Seasoning Ingredients:
- 4 cloves shallots
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 ginger root segment (of the thumb of the hand)
- 1 piece galingale (of the thumb of the hand)
- 1 piece galangal
- 1 turmeric finger
- 4 leaves of Lemongrass (cut into thin-thin)
- 2 red chilli
- 2 grains candlenut
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander porridge
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon shrimp paste
- salt (to taste)
How To Make:
- Pour shallots, garlic, ginger, galingale, turmeric and pepper into a blender.
- Then add the leaves of Lemongrass, nutmeg, black pepper, coriander, sesame seeds, nutmeg, cumin, shrimp paste and salt into the blender as well.
- Puree until it formed a very thick batter.
- Put the chicken in a bowl.
- combine 3/4 from thick dough that you have created earlier with the bay leaf.
- to fill from within the belly of the chicken, combine the cassava leaves, and the rest of the dough is lumpy.
- put the mixture of cassava leaves and the dough is last into the body of the chicken.
- Sweep the dough that you mix with the bay leaf last across the surface of the skin of the chicken.
- Chocolate with banana leaves and input into the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- When would like to serve, preheat the oven to medium heat and cook the chicken until cooked.
- Remove from the oven and serve with hot rice, sambal matah Balinese and a glass of sweet ice tea.